top of page

About Our Individual Services

We understand that immigration is complicated and every case is unique. Youngblood & Associates has the experience to seek creative solutions and a path to legal status for you.

If you are seeking legal status in the United States but have no current ties to the U.S. or a non-beneficial relationship with your only qualifying relation, there are ways to self-petition so that you do not need a qualifying relative or employer to petition you. Youngblood and Associates offers a variety of legal services to individuals in need of assistance with their immigration matters. Here are some of the services we offer and what you need to know about each.


What We Do

Removal Defense
BIA Appeals
U Nonimmigrant Visa
Bond Hearings
Visitor Visa (B-1 or B-2)
Diversity Visa
Work Authorization
Advanced Parole
Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewal
Removal Defense

Foreign nationals may be subject to removal proceedings if they face charges of inadmissibility or charges of deportation. However, it is possible to challenge the charges and/or seek relief from deportation or removal.


If you have received a Notice to Appear (NTA) and/or a Notice of Hearing (NOH) from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and are facing charges of inadmissibility or charges of deportation or removal, Youngblood and Associates can help you. We will carefully analyze allegations contained in the Notice to Appear, defend you through your hearing, and represent you in any next steps, such as an application for relief from removal. 

BIA Appeals

If an immigration judge has made a decision in your case that you disagree with, you have the right to appeal the decision to a higher court, the Board of Immigration Appeals. The Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) makes the decisions on all appeals from immigration courts around the country.


There are several reasons to make an appeal to BIA, including:

  • Not all of the evidence in your case was considered

  • Evidence was considered that should not have been

  • You believe the judge misinterpreted the law

  • Something unfair or extreme happened in your hearing


Youngblood and Associates will provide you with legal representation if you decide to appeal the decision made on your case. We are familiar with the appeals process and experienced in taking cases to the Board of Immigration Appeals. We will be diligent and efficient in fighting for your case.

Bond Hearings

Once a noncitizen has been detained, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will determine their bond and serve the Notice to Appear (NTA). After the NTA has been served, the foreign national may request a bond redetermination hearing in order for the DHS decision be reviewed and redetermined by the immigration court.


Youngblood and Associates can help address your immediate concerns by representing you in a bond redetermination hearing. We will work to provide convincing evidence that you do not present a risk and deserve to be released on bond. We stay up-to-date with changing regulations and local procedures in order to represent you effectively.

Diversity Visa

The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV program) is an annual visa lottery program, in which the United States makes available up to 50,000 immigrant visas every year to individuals from countries with low rates of immigration to the U.S. Winners are randomly selected from all entries.


As long as applicants qualify for permanent resident status, if they are selected through the Diversity Visa lottery they are eligible to pursue permanent residence in the U.S. Most winners are outside of the United States and pursue permanent residence through consular processing, though some already have nonimmigrant or other legal status in the U.S. and can pursue an adjustment of status.


To apply for the Diversity Visa, you must:

  • Be born in or chargeable to a qualifying country

  • Have either a high school education or its equivalent (comparable to a 12-year course in the United States) OR two years of work experience, in the last five years, in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience 


Youngblood and Associates will help you determine if you are eligible to apply for the Diversity Visa lottery, assist you in the process of applying according to designated deadlines and document requirements, and help you through the process of adjustment of status or consular processing if you are selected by the Diversity Visa lottery.


Naturalization is the process by which a person born outside of the United States may apply for U.S. citizenship.


You may be eligible to apply for naturalization if:

  • You are at least 18 years of age

  • You have been a permanent resident for the past three to five years

  • You have maintained a continuous residence and physical presence in the U.S.

  • You can read, write, and speak basic English

  • You display good moral character

  • You understand U.S. history and government

  • You are loyal to the principles of the U.S. Constitution

  • You are willing to take the Oath of Allegiance


Youngblood and Associates will help you determine if you are eligible to apply for naturalization to become a United States citizen and represent you throughout the process of applying. We can accompany you to your interview, will determine if you qualify for an English-language exemption, and will represent you in your best light to demonstrate your good moral character.

U Nonimmigrant Visa

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is a visa for victims of criminal activity who have suffered mental or physical abuse due to the crime and are helpful to law enforcement in its investigation and prosecution.


You may be eligible to apply for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

  • You are the victim of qualifying criminal activity

  • You have experienced considerable mental or physical abuse due to the crime

  • You possess information about the crime

  • You are helpful to law enforcement in the investigation and/or prosecution of the crime

  • The criminal activity took place in the United States or violated U.S. laws

  • You are admissible to the United States


We will help to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a U visa then assist you in all aspects of filing your application: securing the necessary information from the police, investigators, and prosecutors; gathering necessary evidence; and providing other supplemental information and documents.

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

Under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), spouses, children, or parents of U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are experiencing or have experienced battery or extreme cruelty by their relation are allowed to self-petition for an immigrant visa.


If you are the victim of domestic violence and decide to self-petition, your abuser will not be notified of the filing. In this way you can safely seek help and freedom from your abuser. Both men and women may file a petition under VAWA.


You may be eligible to self-petition if:

  • You are or were the abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident

  • Your child has been abused by your U.S. citizen/permanent resident spouse

  • You have been abused by your U.S. citizen son or daughter

  • You are under 21, unmarried, and have been abused by your U.S. citizen/permanent resident parent


At Youngblood and Associates, we understand that domestic violence is a serious situation that needs to be handled with sensitivity and discretion. We will carefully work with you to:

  • Determine if you are eligible to self-petition for an immigrant visa

  • Correctly complete the appropriate form

  • Gather all required supporting documentation

  • Guide you in any next steps after filing and approval 

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewal

If you were previously granted deferred action under DACA, you may request a renewal of this grant. However, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is not currently accepting requests from individuals who have never been granted deferred action under DACA.


You may be eligible to request a DACA renewal if:

  • You met the initial DACA requirements in 2012

  • You have been a recipient of DACA at any time since it was initiated in 2012

  • You did not leave the U.S. on or after August 15, 2012, without advance parole

  • You have remained in the U.S. since submitting your most recent approved DACA request

  • You have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors

  • Are not a threat to public safety or national security


Contact us at Youngblood and Associates for help in requesting your DACA renewal. We will guide and represent you through the entire process.

Visitor Visa (B-1 or B-2 Visa)

A visitor visa may be granted to those who are traveling to the United States temporarily for business or for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. 


You may apply for a B-1 visa if you will be participating in business activities of a commercial or professional nature. You may apply for a B-2 visa if you will be visiting the U.S. for a social visit, tourism, certain medical treatments, or participation in activities such as music or an amateur sporting event.


You may be eligible to apply for a B-1/B-2 visa if:

  • You have strong nonimmigrant intent in the U.S. which you can demonstrate by your binding ties abroad, such as family and employment

  • You have a residence outside of the U.S.

  • You can prove that you plan to remain in the U.S. only for a specific amount of time

  • You have the financial ability to cover the expenses of your travel and your stay in the U.S., without U.S. employment


Youngblood and Associates can assist you in determining your eligibility to apply for either a B-1 or B-2 visa, assist you in applying for a B-1/B-2 visa and securing an appointment at a U.S. consulate, and advise and represent you if you are seeking a change or extension of status and are already in the U.S. on a B-1/B-2 visa. 

Work Authorization

If you are seeking work authorization or evidence of your authorization, Youngblood and Associates can guide and represent you throughout the process of applying for an Employment Authorization Document.

Advanced Parole

Advanced parole is a type of travel document issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows you to travel back into the United States without applying for a visa. While an advanced parole does not replace a passport, airlines and other transportation companies will accept an advanced parole document instead of a visa as proof of your authorization to travel to the country.


You may consider applying for advanced parole if:

  • You have a pending Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status (Form I-485)

  • You have a pending Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal


If you have one of these pending applications and intend to leave the United States, you must apply for and receive advanced parole before you leave the country. If you leave the U.S. without obtaining advance parole, USCIS will likely deny your case or assume you have abandoned your application.


Even with an advanced parole, it is important to discuss with your attorney the potential difficulties you may encounter while seeking reentry into the United States.


Youngblood and Associates can help you determine if advanced parole is the best option for your situation; guide and represent you through the application process; and advise you on best travel practices should you receive advanced parole, in order to ensure that you are allowed reentry into the United States.

bottom of page