For FARMERS and NURSERYMEN: The H-2A program provides you - the agricultural employer - a way to legally attain foreign labor for up to ten months a year to meet your seasonal labor demands.

If you are having trouble finding qualified U.S. employees to work on your farm or nursery, don’t risk your livelihood by hiring illegal immigrants. The H-2A program offers you a great solution for labor shortages—the legal way!

What is the H-2A Program?

The H-2A program allows you—the agricultural employer—to apply for temporary non-immigrant visas for foreign workers, including workers from countries such as Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, and 81 other countries. Your workers will be eligible to apply for a driver’s license and social security numbers once they arrive in the U.S.

You may employ these workers here in the United States on your farm for up to ten months each year, depending on your seasonal need. For example, a nurseryman may need workers for a ten month period whereas various vegetable or fruit producers may only need workers for 3-4 months during harvest season. Our experienced staff will help you determine the right timeframe for your needs.

The process generally takes 60-75 days from initial application until workers can be present on your worksite.

To participate in this program, the farm or nursery does need the following:

  • - A Federal Employer Identification Number (which we can help you attain if you do not have one)
  • - Housing for the workers
  • - Workers Compensation coverage

The following types of agricultural commodity producers qualify to participate in this program:

  • - Field crops, including hay, straw, vegetables, tobacco and grain
  • - Fruit growers, orchardists, and vineyards
  • - Organic or specialty agricultural businesses
  • - Wholesale nurseries and other horticultural operations, including Christmas trees
  • - Apiculture (beekeepers)
  • - Livestock/Herders (sheepherders and goatherders)
  • - Aquaculture

Get started solving your labor shortage issue today! Give us a call or submit the requested information to us below to get started.

  • *
  • *
  • *